SWUUW Administrator Position
This year SWUUW is planning to hire a new SWUUW Administrator. For the qualifications, see the job description below. For the 2022-2023 fiscal year, the Administrator’s role will include responsibilities related to the planning and technical management of the 2023 virtual conference. These responsibilities will be split with another Technical Co-Manager.
Part-time : 5-30 hours per month
Salary range: $16+/ hour. $2500 maximum budget for the year. (TBD for 2022-2023).
Position Type: Contract
Admin Job Description
Includes Conference Technical Co-Manager duties for 2021-2022
The SWUUW Administrator manages the SWUUW website, Facebook page, and mass email communications; produces imagery and artwork for these various channels; carries out administrative duties to support the Board of Directors, the Conference Committee and the membership; may provide Registrar support to the Conference Registrar; and assists with on-site AV needs during the conference.
The Administrator plays a key role in the total management process of the organization, is expected to participate in decision-making activities affecting the operations, is a member of the administrative team and has regular interaction with all levels of the organization including the members of the Board, the Conference Committee, and the membership.
For the 2020-2021 fiscal year, the Administrator’s role will include responsibilities related to the planning and technical management of the 2021 virtual conference. These responsibilities will be split with another Technical Co-Manager, ideally with at least 50% or more of the responsibilities being owned by the Administrator. Depending upon the need, some or all of these responsibilities may be extended into the next fiscal year(s).
The Administrator’s responsibilities will be reviewed annually, and shifted according to skills available among Board members.
Time and Supervision
As it may not be possible to fulfill all of the duties encompassed by the position each month, the Administrator will set priorities based on the current needs of the Board and Conference Committee, in consultation with the Board President.
The Administrator will be responsible for monitoring their own hours, and informing their supervisor if work requested looks like it may exceed the maximum hours set, and invoicing the Board monthly for time worked. Hours are variable depending on seasonal needs.
- Updates the SWUUW Website with upcoming conference information, any news updates or special messages, and updates to contact information. After the conference, old information is removed.
- Provides general maintenance of the website including regular updates
- Maintains membership database in Mailerlite email marketing system
- Sends out email communication via Mailerlite for conference promotion, and/or as directed by the Board
- Creates and manages Workshop Proposal, Vendor Application, and main online registration forms for the conference, as well as the post-conference evaluation form
- Works with the Conference Committee and Registrar so they have access to the most up-to-date registration information
- Assists registrar as needed with updates to attendee registrations
- Manages FB page with updates as needed and/or as directed by the Board
- Prepares SWUUW brochure for digital and printed distribution
- Creates graphics as needed for website and FB posts
- Manages email forwards with Board roster and Conference Committee member changes
- Keep Google drive up-to-date and organized with necessary documents
- Assists website users with registration needs, including occasionally registering them over the phone if needed
Virtual Conference Responsibilities
- Researching, recommending, and learning available video conferencing and virtual conference platforms
- Assisting the board with planning the conference in a virtual environment, based upon the chosen platform
- Creating guidelines and organizing rehearsal/training sessions for workshop, keynote, vendor, and other session presenters
- Planning logistics and training for volunteer moderators
- Providing remote technical help for presenters or attendees during the conference, as needed
- Assisting with creating presentations and/or graphics, videos as needed
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Monitors SWUUW email
- Maintains board and conference files, keeping confidential information secure
- Maintains Policy and Procedure Manuals and necessary forms as directed
- Provides committee support as directed by Board
- Attends Board meetings and retreats without vote
- In the absence of the Board Secretary, takes and distributes Minutes in a timely fashion
- Prepares own monthly time/activity sheet for Board
- Produces SWUUW board contact list yearly or as deemed necessary
- Assists with technical setup if needed at the conference
- Assists with creating and mail-merging attendee nametags if needed
- Works directly with Board Member in charge of Communications and upholds policies and standards set by Board
- Provides support to the Treasurer and/or Bookkeeper as directed by Board, for example assisting Registrar with providing final conference registration numbers
- Access PayPal records as needed to confirm payments
Desired Skills and Proficiencies
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and a planner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal ability
- Awareness of confidentiality issues in personnel, pastoral and financial matters
- Must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities from website administrator, graphic designer, social media and email content writer, conference planner and be able to step in to help with registrar/data management responsibilities as needed.
- Internet/email proficiency required
- Ability and willingness to learn current systems: database and mailing list, minor web editing, and online document storage.
- Proficiency with WordPress backend administration and plugins, or another web content management system
- Proficiency with Google Sheets or Excel, specifically data control and compilation
Proficiency with video conferencing systems such as Zoom
- Experience with event planning and organization
- Access and proficiency with graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, or similar
Access and proficiency with video editing software such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier, Apple iMovie or similar
- Familiar with website hosting management (cPanel, setting up email forwarding, etc)
- Familiar with drag and drop email editors and visual webpage editors
- Familiar with Google Drive and Google Docs
- Familiar with Facebook Page management
- Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of SWUUW; knowledgeable about how organizational communication, decision-making and leadership works; how to accomplish goals through formal and informal channels.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow. A problem-solver.
- Interpersonal Skills: Maintains good working relationships with others; works well with people at all levels of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport, considers the impact of his/her actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
- Integrity and Trust: is seen as trustworthy by others; practices direct, honest, and transparent communications, maintains confidentiality; admits mistakes; responds to situations with consistency and reliability.
- Team Orientation: demonstrates interest, skill and success in team environments; promotes group goals ahead of personal ones; is a resource to other members of the team; understands and supports the importance of teamwork and takes responsibility for his/her part in the success or challenges of the team. A team player, who believes in team work to accomplish tasks; good communication skills; proactive; responsive; helpful; and tactful.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.